Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 160,000 employees who use new technologies, dynamic insights and over 154 years of experience to connect farmers with markets, customers with ingredients, and people and animals with the food they need to thrive.
JOB PURPOSE AND IMPACT
The Finance Operations Specialist will optimize and execute moderately complex customer onboarding processes in accordance with country authorization, regulatory requirements and internal controls. In this role, you will respond to requests from existing and prospective customers, collect and review information, initiate and monitor screening due diligence and ensure all data is captured and required steps completed prior to customer activation to assist in mitigating documentary, credit and regulatory risks while supporting business growth.
- Perform initial review of customer information in accordance with country authorization, regulatory requirements and internal controls, monitor the status of active customers, initiate requests for updates and provide relevant information to stakeholders as requested.
- Perform automated and manual screenings aligned to internal policy and provide a timely response to requests and inquiries received from internal and external stakeholders.
- Understand and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and collect and validate related information.
- Ensure all required data is gathered and accurately assembled in systems and all required steps completed prior to customer activation.
- Provide timely responses to requests and inquiries from internal and external stakeholders and collaborate across functional teams as needed for optimal efficiency of full customer onboarding process.
- Contribute to and suggest improvements of systems and processes to mitigate risks, reduce costs and improve efficiency.
- Independently solve moderately complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience using business systems and reporting to aid in decision making
- Minimum of two years of related work experience